The postal department of India had started post office online banking in India after waiting for a long time. The department finally publicizes the India post Internet banking facility.
This Internet banking facility is a good step since it will facilitate the customers, especially senior citizens and their relatives to manage the accounts through the net.
Most people do not know about post office internet banking. And also using Internet banking for the first time is not easy for most of the customers.
So in this post, we will discuss the steps to register for the Post office online banking India and learn how to use it.
Who Can Apply for Post Office Internet Banking
Any Indian citizen having an active single or joint type of post office saving account can apply and register for post office online banking in India; they should have submitted valid KYC (Know Your Customer) details. Otherwise, they have to submit the details of KYC at the time of application.
Besides applicants require departments of posts (DOP) ATM or debit card, valid Email address, mobile number, and PAN details to use post office online banking. Post office account holder can access the internet banking service at ebanking.Indiapost.gov.in.
How to Register for Post Office Internet Banking
- To register for post office internet banking you have to visit your home branch and fill the application form available in the post office and submit the form with all necessary documents required.
- You will receive an SMS on the mobile number registered with the post office when your request is processed.
- Next copy and paste the URL you receive in the SMS to open the postal department Internet banking page, and use the hyperlink “New User Activation”.
- Now fill in the requisite details, and set net banking login and transaction passwords. Remember that set login and transaction passwords different they can’t be the same.
- Now to activate your internet banking ID successfully login into your account configure it, and answer the security questions.
India Post Internet Baking Benefits
- Post office internet banking provides customers the facility to transfer money from one post office saving account to another account. You can transfer money into your account or transfer it to a third person.
- You can also deposit funds into your RD, and PPF accounts from your post office savings account through this Internet banking.
- Recurring deposit account and Tern Deposit account can be opened and closed by the customers having Internet banking facility. Also from their PPF account, they can withdraw money if eligible.
- In case a customer wants a passbook for a recurring deposit/Term deposit account he has opened through e-Banking he should visit the home post office branch in person. After providing the account number, he has opened online and identifying himself he can get the account passbook.
Mobile Application for Post Office Online Banking
The postal department of India launched a post office mobile banking application for its customers. The application’s aim is to benefits the account holders. Customers of the department can transfer money to their linked PPF account online from a savings account with this app.
With the app, customers can do transactions, deposit money into PPF accounts, deposit funds online into the other post office schemes without going to the post office physically. Account holders can download the post office mobile banking app from Google Play Store.
For transactions through the postal department’s mobile banking application, the customer ought to have a savings account in Core banking Solution-enabled post office.
A valid customer login ID and transaction password of the internet banking is a must for a post office customer. In case net banking is not enabled then you should enable it first and after that, you will be able to use mobile banking.
Other Necessities to Apply for Post office Mobile Banking
To apply for post office mobile banking customers have to fill a mobile Internet banking request form. No need to submit KYC documents if a savings account with proper KYC documents is opened by a post office account holder after migrating to a Core Banking Solution-enabled post office.
But account holder has to submit KYC documents along with a service request if he opened a savings account before the migration of the post office to a Core Banking-Solution enabled post office.
Mobile Internet Banking Application Features:
- You can get a savings account and PPF account mini statement
- With the app, you can check the account balance of savings, recurring, PPF, and other accounts
- Through this mobile application, you can transfer money to other savings account of post office user
- From savings, account funds can be transferred to a linked PPF account
- Recurring deposit account opening and cheque stoppage can be done through the app.
How to Activate Post Office Mobile Banking:
- Click on activate button after opening the mobile banking application
- Now enter the security details that are provided to you by the postal department
- After entering the details you will receive an OTP (one-time-password) on the mobile registered with the post department
- Upon successful validation of your details, you will be asked to enter 4 digits MPIN
- Now enter your user ID and MPIN to log into your mobile banking app.
Thus following the steps above you can activate mobile banking easily.
Post office online banking India is a good step taken by the postal department. It will provide Internet banking facility to its customers. With this facility, customers can manage their accounts online.
They can transfer funds from one savings account to another account, see their balances, and can get a mini statement of their account. Any Indian citizen can apply for this facility having the necessary documents.
Department of Posts also launched a mobile banking application to provide mobile internet banking for its customers. The app will help the customers of the post office to check the balance on the mobile, make transactions, deposit money in PPF and other accounts online. So the customers of the post office can take benefits from this service in several ways.