The postal department of India started post office online banking to provide a net banking facility to its customers. Single or joint account holders of the post office can enjoy this facility.
This Internet banking facility is a good step since it will facilitate the customers, especially senior citizens and other busy individuals, to manage their accounts through the net.
Most people do not know about post office online banking. And also, using Internet banking for the first time is not easy for most customers.
So in this post, we will discuss steps to register for Post office online banking and learn how to use post office online banking.
Who Can Apply for Post Office Internet Banking in India?
Any Indian citizen with an active single or joint post office saving account can apply and register for post office online banking.
A customer (s) should have submitted valid KYC (Know Your Customer) details. Otherwise, they have to provide details of KYC at the time of application.
Besides, applicants require a Department of Posts (DOP) ATM or debit card, valid Email address, mobile number, and PAN to use post office online banking. Post office account holders can access the internet banking service at ebanking.Indiapost.gov.in.
Post Office Online Banking Registration
- You must visit your home branch to register for post office online banking. Fill out the application form available in the post office, and submit the form with all necessary documents required.
- Registration for post office online banking in India can also be done through the department of post website at ebanking.indiapost.gov.in.
- When your request is processed, you will receive an SMS on the mobile number registered with the post office.
- Next, copy and paste the URL you receive in the SMS to open the postal department Internet banking page and use the “New User Activation” hyperlink.
- Now fill in the requisite details, and set net banking login and transaction passwords. Remember that login and transaction passwords are set differently; they can’t be the same.
- To activate your internet banking ID, successfully log into your account, configure it, and answer the security questions.
Also Read: Services Provided by Indian Post Office: Postal Services
Post Office Online Banking app
The postal department of India launched a post office mobile banking application for its customers. The application aims to benefit the account holders.
The department’s customers can transfer money to their linked PPF account online from a savings account with this app.
With the app, customers can transact, deposit money into PPF accounts, and deposit funds online into other post office schemes without physically going to the post office.
Account holders can download the post office mobile banking app from Google Play Store.
The customer should have a savings account in the Core Banking Solution-enabled post office for transactions through the postal department’s mobile banking application.
A valid customer login ID and transaction password for internet banking are required for a post office customer. If net banking is not enabled, you should allow it to first; after that, you will be able to use mobile banking.
Mobile Internet Banking Application Features:
- You can get a savings account and PPF account mini statement
- With the app, you can check the account balance of savings, recurring, PPF, and other accounts
- Through this mobile application, you can transfer money to other savings accounts of post office user
- From savings, account funds can be transferred to a linked PPF account
- Recurring deposit account opening and cheque stoppage can be done through the app.
How to Activate Post Office Mobile Banking?
- Click on the activate button after opening your smartphone’s mobile banking application.
- Now enter the security details provided to you by the postal department.
- After entering the details, you will receive an OTP (one-time password) on the mobile registered with the post department.
- Upon successfully validating your details, you will be asked to enter four (4) digits of MPIN.
- Enter your user ID and MPIN to log into your mobile banking app.
Thus following the steps above, you can activate post office mobile banking.
Other Necessities to Apply for Post Office Mobile Banking
Mobile banking customers must fill out a mobile Internet banking request form to apply for post office mobile banking.
No need to submit KYC documents if a post office account holder opens a savings account with proper KYC documents after migrating to a Core Banking Solution-enabled post office.
But the account holder has to submit KYC documents and a service request if he opened a savings account before the migration of the post office to a Core Banking-Solution-enabled post office.
Customers must have a single or joint account in the Head Post office or CBS (Sub Post Office). Account holders must also provide active mobile numbers, email addresses, and PAN numbers.
India Post Internet Baking Benefits
- Internet banking allows customers to transfer money from one post office saving account to another. You can transfer money into your account or transfer it to a third person.
- You can deposit funds into your RD and PPF accounts from your post office savings account through this Internet banking facility.
- Recurring deposit accounts and Tern Deposit accounts can be opened and closed by customers with Internet banking facilities. Also, from their PPF account, they can withdraw money if eligible.
- Customers who want a passbook for a recurring deposit/Term deposit account opened through e-Banking should visit the home post office branch in person. After providing the account number opened online and identifying himself, he can get the account passbook.
Post office online banking is a good step taken by the postal department. It will provide an Internet banking facility to its customers. With this facility, customers can manage their accounts online.
They can transfer funds from one savings account to another, see their balances, and get a mini statement of their account balance. Any Indian citizen can apply for this facility having the necessary documents.
The Department of Posts also launched a mobile banking application to provide mobile banking. The app will help post office customers check their balance on their mobile and make transactions. Thus, post office customers can benefit from this service in several ways.