National Thermal Power Corporation Pvt Ltd (NTPC) offers scholarships under the name NTPC scholarship scheme for eligible students from the Schedule Cast (ST) / Schedule Tribe (ST) and Physically Challenged (PC) category students.
The NTPC scholarship scheme is available to students who take engineering courses in NIT, IIT, and BIT to complete a full-time engineering degree in the Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Computer Science, and Telecommunications fields.
NTPC has launched this scholarship scheme to increase SC, ST, and PC students’ interest in education and help them shape their careers.
Good marks acquiring and talented students who did not carry out their studies because of economic problems have an opportunity to apply for this scholarship scheme.
Table of Contents
NTPC Scholarship Scheme for Engineering Students
The National Thermal Power Corporation Pvt Ltd is considered one of the largest public companies in India engaged in electricity production and construction of thermal energy projects.
The company started a scholarship scheme for scheduled caste, scheduled tribe, and physically disabled category students with the main to help them complete their professional education by providing financial assistance.
The corporation wants to help reserved category (ST, SC, PC) students who are not in a position to complete their education because of financial problems by providing them with finance so these students can contribute to the country’s development.
Students from ST, SC, and PC categories can complete their full-time studies in electrical, electronics, mechanical, computer science, and telecommunications through the NTPC scholarship scheme.
Under this scheme, a total of thirty-five (35) scholarships will be available to eligible students for the year 2022.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to apply for the NTPC scholarship.
- Candidates must have an excellent academic background and belong to ST, SC, and PC categories.
- Candidates applying for the NTPC scholarship scheme should not receive any financial assistance or scholarship from any other sources.
- Applying candidates must be pursuing the second year of B.E./B.Tech in Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Computer Science, and Telecommunications from specified institutions.
- The age of the applicant should not be more than 40 years.
- Applicants must fall into the SC / ST and PC categories.
- The photo on the application form must be attested by the college head.
- Applicants must be residents of Rajasthan, Delhi, J&K, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Chandigarh, and Punjab.
- The income of the parents of the applying candidates must be less than one lakh
- An income certificate must be issued by the concerned Tehsildar, Block officer, or Notary.
Required Documents for NTPC Scholarship
Any eligible candidate applying for the scholarship have to produce the following documents:
- First year’s marks sheet-attested
- Caste certificate
- Income proof certificate
- Passport size photos
- Domicile certificate of the applicant
- Applicant’s bank details like Account holder name, account number, Branch Name, and IFSC Code of the branch.
Application Form for NTPC scholarship
Eligible candidates who wish to get the scholarship can get the application form from the company head or its authorized representative.
Candidates can also download the scholarship form from the official website of the company at ntpc.co.in
Duly fill in the form and send it with the necessary documents to the address below
- Deputy General Manager (HR-W)
- NTPC LTD., NTPC Bhawan, Core no. -7
- SCOPE COMPLEX Lodhi Road
- New Delhi – 110
- Fax NO.: 91 11 24361018
- Email: [email protected]
NTPC Scholarship Number
The number of the scholarship available with the NTPC are as under:
- Twenty (20) scholarships for the scheduled cast category
- Ten (10) scholarships for the Scheduled Tribe category
- Five (5) scholarships for Physically Challenged candidates
NTPC Scholarship Amount
The NTPC scholarship will provide Rs. 1500 per month to the selected candidates. The amount will be for the entire program duration.
The NTPC scholarship scheme is a valuable scholarship that is available to students in reserved categories (ST, SC, PC). The scholarship is designed to help backward-class students to continue their studies by providing financial assistance.
Interested students can complete their full degree with this scholarship amount provided under this scholarship scheme. The scholarship scheme is usually admissible from the second to the last year of study.
This scheme is launched with the aim to help eligible or talented reserved category students who are not able to complete their higher studies due to a lack of funding.