What are the cheapest courier service from USA to India? Many people return from the United States to India every year. The reasons may vary, but one question for everyone is: what are the safest and cheapest courier service from USA to India to transport their household goods to India?
For personal reasons when people returned to India after spending many years in the US, they had a lot of baggage with them. And when they try to ship the baggage to India they want a cheap and good courier service. And their first choice may be the most obvious shipping companies such as UPS, DHL, etc.
The point is that they only heard of these companies as shipping companies, and of course they go to them. When these companies shipped their items they think that they did it right. Only when they heard the price from other people who send the same product to the same place in India, about a sixth of the price!
Cheapest Courier Service from USA to India
To ship items from the USA to India there are several ways. For example, one can transport items by sea, plane, etc. What is the best choice for Indians?
Sea is the most profitable way I think if you are not in a hurry. In case you are in hurry, then the airway is a better choice. Transport items by sea take 8-10 weeks and transporting items from the USA to India by air takes several days to one week.
In both cases to take the delivery of your shipped item, you need to be present at the local custom office. So in fact it depends on how fast you want the delivery of the product.
When someone for example once for all returns to India, he probably are going to built or buy a new house in India and do not need any household items right away. If they can wait for some weeks or sometimes months, then shipping items from the USA by sea are economical.
The difference between the prices of air and sea transport
To get an idea of the difference in price between doors-to-port and door-to-door with a ship, shipping 10 boxes from California to Mumbai costs $ 950 door-to-door and for door-to-port, it costs $ 650.
There will be a cost of $ 750 for the same shipment by air. It is based on the offer provided by one of the shipping companies.
Receiving your order in India
There are a few things to keep in mind when you are going to receive an order/box in India. Depending on whether you ordered a door-to-port or door-to-door delivery, you will need to pick up the order/box at the port or at your local agency.
- Make sure that you pick up the item/order yourself. To prove your residential addresses take ID and also some utility bills of the US with you.
- You will have to pay more custom duties and can expect possible delays if you order a door-to-door service.
- The import duty can be Rs. 2000 Rs. 8000 for delivery of 5 boxes shipment, but the customs duty may vary depending on the weight and type of products included.
- Arrange a vehicle before going to receive your items so that you can leave as soon as you receive the delivery.
- For checking the custom officer will open all your boxes. Be ready for his questions.
- For tips keep some money ready with you. For fees and bills also keep some cash ready in rupees.
- You will receive a bit faster delivery if you have sent your product to the port because you do not have to wait for the shipment to be delivered to the local office.
- Try to send the goods to the nearest port/courier company near your residence otherwise, land transport may be expensive for you.
Tips to avoid complications when shipping from the United States to India
A lot of complications can arise during the shipping process of the items. Here are some of them to remember.
- Make sure you know the weight of each box. Be paranoid and label each box with their accurate weight, so if the shipping company claims that there is more weight, you can fight your case against the evidence. The common strategy of shipping companies is that you weigh more than you claim and to push you to pay more. Don’t be fooled. If they realize that you have proof of everything, they back off.
- In India, things can be very complicated for many reasons. If you choose a carrier with very low prices in the US, make sure that the agency’s local partner in India is included in their deal. Because the companies usually operate outside the partnership. Surprisingly, some shipping companies who claim that they have very cheap prices do not have appropriate agreements or partnerships with their Indian partners and are only responsible for the situations in the United States. This leaves you with a lot of uncertainty, particularly when the shipment arrives in India. Don’t let that happen. Ask your US shipping agency who is their local partner in India and also get their contact information. If possible, call them by pretending to be a customer and see how they respond and how they behave.
- Very cheap does not always mean good quality. It is always recommended that choosing a company that handles multiple cases. One-time delivery service Mom and Dad is just a partner who works on a commission and lowers your initial rate, but the customer often pays much more at the final destination.
From US to India which are the cheapest courier shipping companies?
Let’s take a look at some of the cheapest shipping companies in India from the United States. Please note that these are cheaper shipping courier companies compared to regular (more expensive) courier companies such as DHL.
The best courier and shipping company from the United States to India
The best (and cheapest) shipping companies to India are selected below based on the following factors:
- Cheap pricing.
- Customer reviews.
SFL Worldwide is a shipping company providing international shipping services. They offer a lot of specific US services that many people have used. Check the prices on their website.
Garudavega provides airmail and door-to-door delivery. They will take your box from anywhere and deliver it to your door in India. Average price: 93 USD for every 10 pounds in a 10x10x10 box.
Universal Relocations provides international relocations, including relocations from the United States to India. Not very economical, various negative reviews from current customers. You will not notify the cost in advance unless you have a detailed picture of the product to be shipped.
Unirelo provides delivery services if you move to India (you must provide details of the change of residence). Prices are practically the same as for others. Do not have pick up option.
Ship 2 India
Ship 2 India (not available since November 2019): Shipments are not sent by themselves, but offer offers from other carriers companies for your order. It’s not a great experience to deal directly with an agency.
Many ways are there to transport items to India from the US like by ship or through the air route. To transport items from the US through ship can take 8-10 weeks and through the airway, it can take from several days to 1 week.
While transporting items one should know what are the cheapest courier service from USA to India? Transparency, reputation, pricing, etc should be considered while choosing a courier company for shipping items.