PM scholarship scheme for 12th pass students aims to provide financial assistance for the students who got good marks in class 12th. The scheme helps those students who want to get admission to higher educational institutions.
Because of the poor economic condition lot of talented students after getting good marks in 12th class exams fail to go for higher education. So to help such students union government of India started PM scholarship scheme for 12th pass students to get admission in undergraduate courses.
Financial assistance under this scheme is being provided to go for undergraduate courses such as BBA, BCA, Engineering, Medical courses, etc. Started in 2006-2007 PM scholarship scheme help lot of students by providing them higher education and secure their future in terms of professional education.
Table of Contents
PM Scholarship Scheme for 12th Pass Students
Esteemed Prime Minister of India has launched a scholarship program for the students who have passed 12th class exams, and wards and widows of ex-servicemen, police officers, and the soldiers who have been martyred while performing their duties to secure our nation.
Under this Prime Minister Scholarship scheme Rs. 30000-00 (Thirty Thousand) per year is provided for male students and Rs. 36000-00 (Thirty-Six Thousand) is given for female students per year to encourage them to go for higher professional and technical studies.
This PM scholarship scheme will only be awarded for 1 to 5 years or may depend on the student’s course of study. Candidates who are eligible and want to apply for the PM scholarship scheme can follow the online easy process.
Online Registration Steps for PM Scholarship Scheme
- To apply for Prime Minister’s scholarship scheme an eligible applicant has to visit the ksb
- After visiting the link home page of the website will open.
- From the left side under the new application, the applicant has to click on apply online and an application form will open
- Fill in all required information carefully required in the form.
- After submitting the Verification code given on the form click on submit button to submit the form
Eligibility for PM Scholarship Scheme for 12th Pass Students
- To apply for PM Scholarship Scheme for 12th Pass Students the applicant must be an Indian resident and should have achieved at least 60% marks in the 12th class exams.
- Children whose parents are former servicemen, i.e. students from an ex-service family whose parents served in the Navy, Army, and Air Force, which means ex-servicemen children, can apply for this scholarship scheme.
- Any 12th pass student seeking a B.Tech, MBBS, B.Ed, BBA, BSc, or BPHarma can apply for the Prime Minister Scholarship Program to fulfill his/her desire for higher education.
Rewards under Prime Minister Scholarship scheme for 12th Pass Students
- Under this scheme, boys will get Rs. 2500 every month.
- Girls under this scheme will get a scholarship of Rs. 3000 per month.
- If an eligible student gets 85% marks in the 12th exams then he/she will get Rs. 25000 scholarship under this scheme.
- A scholarship of Rs. 1000 per month is given to those eligible students who got 75% marks in 12th class exams.
What Documents are Required for PM Scholarship Scheme?
Below are some necessary documents which are required while registering for this scheme.
- Aadhaar card of the applicant
- Class 12th marks certificate
- Passport-sized photographs
- Passbook of Bank account
- Mobile number of the applicant
- Matric pass certificate to verify date of birth
- ESM / Ex Coast Guard certificate as per Annexure-1 signed by ZSB/Coast Guard HQ.
Procedure to Check the Status of Application Under PM Scholarship Scheme
Eligible applicants who have applied for Prime Minister Scholarship scheme can check the status of their application online by using the method mentioned below.
- First, go to the official website Prime Minister’s Scholarship Program at ksb application status
- Click on the Status of Application from the website’s home page
- Fill the application form DAK ID and verification code in the boxes given there
- After entering the ID and verification code click the search button to see your application status.
FAQs Regarding PM Scholarship Scheme
Some common questions and answers regarding the PM Scholarship scheme for 12th pass students who want to apply for this scheme are given here:
Who is the Running PM Scholarship Scheme?
The Central Government of India is running this scholarship scheme.
What is Eligibility for Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme?
To become eligible for the PM Scholarship scheme, it is necessary for the applicant that he/she has got at least 60% marks in 12th class exams to take benefit from this scheme.
How to Apply for PM Scholarship Scheme
Eligible applicants can apply for this scholarship scheme from the official website and follow the steps mentioned here in this article above.
How Much Amount is given under this Scheme?
Rs. 30000-00 per year is given to the male candidates per year and Rs. 36000-00 is given to the female candidates per year to go for higher studies.
PM scholarship program is a scheme that encourages candidates for higher technical and vocational education, for this purpose the central government of India provides annual scholarships through this scheme. Only those male and female students can get benefit from this scheme who will pass 12th-grade exams with at least 60% marks.
This scheme’s main purpose is to provide financial help in the form of a government scholarship, to provide higher education to the children of martyred soldiers, police officers, former Coast Guard soldiers in the country, and to further improve the education in the nation.
Under this plan a scholarship of Rs. 30000-00 provided to male students every year and Rs. 36000-00 is provided to the female student every year. So PM scholarship scheme for 12th pass students is a good step taken by the government to improve education in the country.